Song of the Ainur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song of the Ainur

The LotRO Kinship on the Landroval server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kin merger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowhawk
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 14
Character Name : Snowhawk
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Kin merger Empty
PostSubject: Kin merger   Kin merger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:36 am

This is one thing you might want to keep on the back burner if you are looking to swell your ranks. There are many kins out there, like this one, who have limited numbers and just can't seem to grow. Just as a reference you could consider having another kinship merge with this one. I have seen this done with a lot of success. Usually the officers of the merging kinships are made officers of the host kinship. I am not saying to take this course of action, just something to think about.

Snowhawk
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Kin merger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kin merger   Kin merger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:44 am

I've actually had one person speak with me in game about merging our Kinships, though I really wasn't interested, as I thought that would mean abandoning this Kinship, along with its name and my rank within it, to basically join with another. Merging Kins seems to be a way for one Kinship to acquire more members, whilst still keeping everything they've already had. If we left this Kinship, I'd either be an Officer or a Successor in the other Kin and we'd basically have to go by their rules and their thoughts/ideas. Also, it would mean leaving our own website and forums.

To me, that sounds like a huge hassel, and we'd be leaving all of this behind.
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Snowhawk
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 14
Character Name : Snowhawk
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Kin merger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kin merger   Kin merger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 am

I think this kinship merging with another should be a last resort if anything. I for one would not like to see this kinship merge with another, unless that was absolutely the last option. My post was more geared to having another kinship merge with this one. But as I said, that also should be only an option. If you start to see recruiting become slow or stale, then perhaps visit the idea of another kinship merging with this one.
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Kin merger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kin merger   Kin merger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Ah, I understand what you're getting at. If we were lucky enough to find another small Kinship that wasn't afraid to leave behind their name and whatever else, that'd be wonderful. I'll always be open to any respectable Kinship merging with us. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Kin merger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kin merger   Kin merger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kin merger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Ainur :: The Kinship :: General Kinship Discussion-
Jump to: