Eleena
Ainu
Ainu

Female
Number of posts : 18
Character Name : Eleena
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Recruits unaware of policies   Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:02 am

We seem to have a problem with people joining the kinship but being unaware of its policies (like no offensive language in kin chat) since they never read them. Iluwen, do you think it would help to have a short basic list of the more essential rules that could be mailed to them in game when they join?

I have not played around much with the in game mail system. Can you just do a copy and paste into a message so it is not too much of an inconvenience for you? I suspect it may be hard to get new members to come here and read the policies if they join in game. Perhaps someone has a better idea.

I've turned my profanity filter off so next time I can get a more accurate idea of what exactly was said. I'm not easily offended so it was not a big deal, but it did seem worth following up on with the person and without being sure what exactly was said (although I have a really strong suspicion) I did not feel comfortable doing more about it than ignoring it. I did a little later suggest to the recruit that he/she go to the web site and read our policies. I'll be surprised if he followed through on the suggestion, however.

Eleena
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iluwen
Leader
Leader

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Recruits unaware of policies   Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 am

People were being offensive in the Kinship chat? That's new! Usually everyone's so quiet... :/ I'm very sorry that happened, but thank you for bringing it to my attention. It seems not everyone that is interested in joining us is all THAT interested, as they don't appear to take the time to even visit our website. Thanks for refering them though, but yes, who's to say they actually went.

I'm not sure if I can copy any paste text into the game, but that's worth a try to mail them. If not, I could at least mail them asking them to visit our website. And, like it clearly does state in the rules, I uphold the right to terminate anyones positions within the Kinship. So, if they insist on not following our rules and ignoring other KInship members, including the leader, then obviously they do not care all that much at all to be with us.

"Maiden of the Universe"
In the darkest of times, look to the Heavens for hope, and find strength in the wisdom presented to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Recruits unaware of policies
Page 1 of 1