Song of the Ainur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song of the Ainur

The LotRO Kinship on the Landroval server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RTFM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaniel

Male
Number of posts : 4
Character Name : Vaniel
Registration date : 2008-06-04

RTFM Empty
PostSubject: RTFM   RTFM Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:27 am

PLEASE!!..lol...fellow members, learn to use the "Conjunction" in fellowship quests. Rolling Eyes
Also, as a matter of courtesy, NEVER invite someone to a fellowship quest that has already started(happened to me yesterday), and don't leave the area until ALL in the fellowship have completed the quest. I have 14 of 15 trolls, for that very reason...everyone left...:sigh" No
If you don't know what a "conjunction" is, or how to use it; send me a Tell in-game and I will will run some practice sessions.(takes at least 3 people)
Vaniel(Main)-HUNTER
Cynfala(Alt)-BURGLER
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

RTFM Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTFM   RTFM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:46 am

A conjuction, AKA a fellowship maneuver, is a Fellowship-based group attack that can be very powerful if coordinated well.
See here for more information for those of you who need help: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Mechanics:Fellowship_Maneuvers

It can be more than frustrating if the fellowship you're in has no idea what those 4 colored buttons mean when they pop up, let alone if no one can agree on which skills to use. I've experienced that as well, and it's certainly not a fun time. Usually, someone will take charge and step up and order people what to press. That, or people will notice which color the others have pushed, so they will push that one too. It's sad that it's so difficult for so many people, as it really is quite simple, and a huge step in the right direction on Turbine's part, since there are so many Fellowship quests. There are just so few people interested in reading up on what a Conjuction actually means.

As for folks leaving a Felloship before everyone has completed their objectives -- that is a rather sore subject for me, as I've had that happen on more than one occasion. It's extremely rude and inconsiderate, as well as immature and down right mean. Especially in your case, when all you needed was one more troll. I hope that everyone in the Kinship is aware that this is not something we respect at all, and that if done to other Kinship members, those people are subject to having their membership terminated.

In some cases, people do gnuinely have to leave suddenly, as something really might have just come up in their real life. However, usually this is rare to have to leave that suddenly, not to mention everyone in the Fellowship out of nowhere having to go at the same time.

Last edited by Iluwen on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Snowhawk
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 14
Character Name : Snowhawk
Registration date : 2008-06-02

RTFM Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTFM   RTFM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:53 am

Honestly this should one of the first questions asked when you join a fellowship. The leader of said fellowship may not have the knowledge of FM's, so if this is the case then step up and ask. If the entire group is clueless, then settle on simple FM's

Usually when doing raids or instance runs, or quest where you know there are elites involved, hitting YYYYYY will have the best effect. This places a DoT ( Damage over Time ) bleed on the elite, which will have better overall effect than a RRRRRR. Or if you are minus a healer, then go with GGGBBB. I rarely if ever use RRRRRR.

Normally if a group has a burg, he will be the one calling out the conjunctions since he can start them at any given time with more regularity. So if you do have knowledge of FM's, then it's really your responsibility to ask and make sure everyone is set before heading out if you want this to work out. You can also preset conjunction order as the group leader. If you are not the leader of the fellowship, ask the leader what the conjunction is going to be, if he has no idea, then make a suggestion.

Be sure to ask the groups intent. Where they are as far as the quest and how long they will be in the group. If there intent is to just do what they need and leave, then perhaps this isn't the group for them, and they need to find one that best suits them. We have all had people up and leave when they have finished what they need accomplished. Just one more reason to ask in Kinchat first to see if anyone else has the quest or is willing to help.

Conjunctions can be confusing to newer people, especially on what the effects of certain strings accomplish. Be patient in your explanation, make sure everyone knows what their color is and what order, then head out. Being in the middle of the run and a conjunction pops up and you see every color under the sun, isn't a pleasing sight.

Normally in Uru, CD or The rift YYYYYY, will be the one used. You can apply that to any instance or quest run, unless morale/power is an issue, then you can adjust your conjunction as you need it.

Snow
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

RTFM Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTFM   RTFM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:19 pm

It takes some strategy and a bit of planning ahead of time in order to perform well fellowship maneuvers.

Speaking of dysfunctional Fellowships... Someone randomly sent me a tell me asking me to help them with a quest. I looked it up and wasn't far from there, so I said sure. They already had 5 others in the Fellowship, so I completed the team. As we were all on our way out there, I had asked if it was possible if anyone could share the quest with me, since I hadn't done that one yet. No one said anything. Thinking perhaps they missed reading it, I repeated myself, politely asking, "Is it possible to share this quest with me or not?" Still no answer. We got all the way out there, and by then I was pretty annoyed, as I had asked them now about 4 times in different ways. So I said, "I really don't understand why everyone's ignoring me. Either you can share the quest or you can't." If they couldn't that's fine, but they could at least tell me.

Another girl, whom the original person who sent me a tell for help no doubt contacted as well, was with us and she was clueless as to even what quest we were doing. I told her and she said that she needed to do that as well. We both asked AGAIN if they could share it with us. For a long time, silence. Everyone was just standing around looking at each other. I asked, "Do you guys know how to share quests?" No response. Then someone said randomly, "lol." After that, I was fed up. I left the Fellowship, stating, "Um, alright, I'm going to go do my own thing now... Best of luck to you."

Suspect I really don't understand some people.
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Snowhawk
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 14
Character Name : Snowhawk
Registration date : 2008-06-02

RTFM Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTFM   RTFM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Welcome to the powerlevelers and gold farmers. Usually if you get no conversation whatsoever and they are either Champs or hunters, gold farmers....Any other class with odd names such as DYGH or DIGGHU or something of that nature...power levelers. In beta gold farmers were awful. I used to love getting /tells like.." U hep me?" or " I qust also, you help"...lol I loved it, anyway, that more than likely is who it was. Limited or no English, just check out their names and that usually is a dead give away, or inspect them and you will more than likely see that they have the worst equipment, just enough to do the task they need done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RTFM Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTFM   RTFM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTFM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Ainur :: The Kinship :: General Kinship Discussion-
Jump to: